The cardiology department at DSFH prides itself for its distinguished team of recognized physicians who are credited for their contributions in advancing the patient care sector. Our cardiac care annually helps thousands of heart disease patients enjoy longer and healthier lives through compassionate, safe, and effective services.
Our cardiology section provides around the clock, seven days a week preventive, diagnostic, and therapeutic services including assessment and treatment of valvular and adult and pediatric congenital heart disease, advanced imaging services, electrophysiology interventions , cardiac catheterization and angiographic interventions including primary PTCA management of patients presenting with acute MI; Our Door to balloon in 016 was average of 70 minutes. We also provide advanced imaging services including cardiac magnetic resonance, cardiac computed tomography, nuclear cardiology and echocardiography.
The department also hosts outpatient clinics and non-invasive laboratories in addition to inpatient clinical ward facility of 36 dedicated cardiac beds. The cardiac intensive care unit contains 11 beds dedicated for cardiac conditions that require constant monitoring and care. This section also contains a state-of-the-art diagnostic section with two cardiac catheterization laboratories. We also offer cardiopulmonary rehabilitation services to our post MI and post cardiac surgeries patients.
- Inpatient and outpatient cardiology services
- Simple and complex electrophysiology, including ablation, 3D monitoring and cardiac implants placement
- Assessment and treatment of congenital diseases in neonates, paediatrics and adults.
- Advanced imaging services including cardiac magnetic resonance, cardiac computed tomography, nuclear cardiology, echocardiography
- Valvular surgeries including Valve repair ,valve preservation , valve replacement by standard and minimal invasive approaches
- Peripheral artery disease (PAD), aneurysms, carotid artery disease, haemodialysis access and venous disease
- Cardiac catheterization and interventions including primary PTCA for management of acute MI
- Evaluation and treatment of heart failure and peripheral vascular disease
- Adult and Pediatric Cardiac Surgery
- Operative treatment of coronary artery disease. Off-pump and minimally invasive coronary artery and hybrid bypass surgery
- Thoracic aorta surgery
Cardiology clinics are located in Bldg 1, Ground Floor, near gate 4.